Please join us for
The Lehigh Wheelmen Donut Derby
Labor Day, September 4, 2023
The Donut Derby is a fun 36 mile bike race with a twist: Get a 3 minute time credit for each donut eaten at stops positioned at mile markers 12 and 24. Donut-adjusted time determines the winner in several age categories. A complementary lunch for DD racers and an awards ceremony follow the ride.
Each person completing the course will be entered in a raffle to win a variety of prizes. Want to improve your chances? We’re offering virtual donuts for $1.00 each. Every Virtual Donut purchased will give you an additional chance in the raffle.
Valley Preferred Cycling Center (the T-Town Velodrome)
1151 Mosser Road, Breinigsville, PA 18031
- Online registration only opens May 15th: $50 per adult rider; $25 for riders 11-19. Tandem Rider $80
- Please note registration fees are nonrefundable.
- Registration closes August 31st or when 350 are registered. Register early; the event may sell out fast!
- There is no day-of-event registration
- Check-in opens at 7:30 am on September 4th.
- To avoid congestion at the start, you may start anytime between 9:00 am and 9:15 am. Don't worry, the timing chip will track your overall race time.
Download the 2023 Donut Derby route for your GPS device. The route will not be marked but rider cue sheets will be available.
When registering for the DD, you’ll be given an opportunity to donate to Community Bike Works. CBW teaches life lessons through bicycles by offering high-quality mentoring programs that use bicycles and books to connect youth with adult and peer mentors who can teach skills that help them succeed.
The Munchkin Mile:
After the Donut Derby your children, age 10 and under, will be able to participate in our Seventh Munchkin Mile. This year, children must be pre-registered on BikeReg (no registrations the day of the event). There is no cost for participation in the Munchkin Mile. The event is limited to children of DD riders, LWA members and volunteers. Your ‘munchkins’ will be given the opportunity to ride 5 laps on the Valley Preferred Cycling Center T-Town Velodrome, home of world-class bicycle racing. For those who have not mastered two-wheelers, training wheels, strider bikes and trikes are allowed. Munchkins (the food) will be offered to keep your kids refueled. Medals will be awarded at the completion of the event.
Other Supporting Organizations: