By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://lehighwheelmen.org/
The Joys of Solo Riding.
We all miss riding in groups with our fellow club members, but let’s take some time to enjoy solo riding during these difficult times. It is spring, the trees and flowers are blooming, and the days are getting longer and warmer. I find myself in the same situation I was seven years ago after retirement. Riding solo, working around the house, doing some computer work and reading. It was great to hook up with the LWA and start riding in groups and develop the great friendships of club members.
But let’s think about some of the benefits of riding solo:
- You can go as fast or as slow as you want.
- Climb or not climb any hills with no one complaining.
- Stop when you want to enjoy the scenery or just relax.
- If you avoid Strava, you can make up any distance, elevation change or speed you want.
- You don’t have to get up early to drive to the Velo to meet the group. Enjoy that second (or third) cup of coffee.
- No waiting for stragglers at the rest stop.
We’ll be back together soon but for now let’s do what we can to curb this virus and ride solo. If you want to ride with someone for safety reasons, keep your distance. Let’s be happy we can still ride bikes and be thankful for the health workers who put themselves in danger to help us.
If you’re feeling stressed, as many of you are, here’s a recording of the spring tree frogs from a recent ride. Listen and relax.
Be safe and we’ll see each other on the road soon.