LWA Wants YOU to do Publicity
I Want YOU to do Publicity
During WW II the iconic posters of Uncle Sam pointing and saying “I Want You” were an incentive to participate in some important job supporting the war effort The Lehigh Wheelman could now certainly produce such a poster to encourage someone to handle publicity.
For many years Dick McCreight helped disseminate information about LWA special events, promoting these events and thereby increasing participation. Dick has decided to step away from this role. The club is therefore seeking one or two (or more) members to step up and handle publicity for the club's special events. The publicity tasks can certainly be divided among several members.
Please take a look at the summary of the things Dick did and consider volunteering to handle some or all of these jobs. I know Dick will assist you in every possible way.
- Facebook Group This is the public group that people join and can post on. There are 496 members. Dick monitors the group and removes posts that are not cycling related.
- Facebook Page : Dick posts club news, items of interest to LWA members, events (DD, Photo Contest, Blessing the Bikes, etc.) and event ads. There are 1,176 people who follow this page.
- LWA events are posted on neighboring clubs’ pages
LWA Ride CalendarMeetup
- Post LWA events and events from neighboring cycling clubs who reciprocateby posting LWA events on their club calendars.
- Email LWA calendar subscribers to promote event(s).
- Create webpages for LWA events:
BikeReg for the Donut Derby
- Dick indicated this is the most time consuming and includes general event setup, category setup for registration, merchandize options, and other things for the success of the Donut Derby.
Area Bike Club Calendars
- Contact area bike clubs to post our event(s) on their club calendars.
- Contact local print and radio to get publicity for our events.