LWA Cycling Resumes Today with Precautions
Hello LWA Members,
Today is the day! That's right, in PA we move from "Red - Stay at Home" to "Yellow - Caution" phase. With this change, there are some changes to our ride experience in the Yellow phase. Caution is the word, and I remind you, COVID-19 hasn't disappeared. Under yellow, use the precautions as listed below. At the end of the day, we want members to stay safe. Please follow the guides for both You and for Your Riding Friends' safety!
The following guidelines for LWA group rides are in effect June 5, 2020. When a ride is posted on Meetup, please be familiar with the following ride guidelines, which Ride Leaders are asked to include on Meetup posts:
LWA YELLOW PHASE Group Ride Guidelines.
* All riders must be free of any COVID related symptoms for the past 14 days. If you are feeling sick, please do not ride, stay at home!
* No more than 6 riders per group. Day-of ride walk-ons will not be permitted - you must RSVP through MeetUp to reserve your spot.
* Social Distancing is required. Masks/face coverings must be carried with you at all times and used when within 6 feet of other riders. (e.g., in the parking lot, at rest stops, if stopped to help with repairs.)
* Side by side riding must remain 6 feet apart, if it is safe to do so.
* Riders should stay 20 feet or more behind the rider in front (about 4 bike lengths). No pacelines!
* If you must sneeze, cough, blow your nose, etc., safely reposition yourself to ensure that no one is in your slipstream.
* Rides are to be posted with staggered start times. No two rides are to be started at the same time, and at the same location.
* No Monday Night Group Rides.
With these guides in place, we hope to prevent the spread of COVID-19. It's all about common sense and safety! Please practice common courtesy toward your fellow riders. Thank you for your patience while we work our way through these unusual circumstances.
Again, our LWA goal is to keep all riders safe. Further updates will be issued as the situation progresses.
See you on the roads,