Hello, fellow LWA (soon to become LVCC) members! Hope all of you are doing well.
Our Club is very fortunate to have many willing and capable volunteers to help drive us forward. Some continue to serve tirelessly year after year. However, every year, some are ready to step back and allow others to step forward.
As we are now nearing the end of the year and our upcoming Annual Holiday Dinner & Club Meeting on 1 December (see LWA Ride Calendar on Meetup), it is time to reach out to all of you regarding CLUB LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES for the upcoming year.
There are nominees for some key positions, but we are always happy to hear from others to fill the following positions for 2024:
- President: Carl Zvanut will run again for this position for a second term.
- VP of Touring: Greg Schnable will run again for this position for a second term.
- Treasurer: Dave Sheffield is treasurer for life and will run again.
- Club Secretary: Christine Penn has held this position for the past several years and done a fabulous job. Rather than continuing in this role for yet another year, Christine has expressed an interest in vacating the role and instead help the organization in other ways. Jack Helfrich has volunteered to run for this position.
- Member of the Board of Directors: Two positions are open this year. Steve Banko is running again for a second two-year term. Donalee Frary has announced that she will step away from her position at the end of this and Christine Penn will run to take her place.
- Other: Beyond the positions listed above, we are always looking for new members with ideas, energy and enthusiasm. There are many positions available to help with, including Membership, Communication, Events (Donut Derby, Club Picnic, Grill-n-Chill, etc.) and more. Please reach out to me with any questions and/or let me know if you have any particular interest in helping out during our upcoming year.