Photo by Bert Mukkulainen
- Photos must have been taken in 2022
- Photos must have been taken on a greater Lehigh Valley bike ride or during an LWA-sanctioned event (e.g. Eastern Shore Weekend)
- Those entering the contest must be LWA members (not a member; not a problem--join LWA at lehighwheelmen.org)
- This year we’ll have two categories:
- Cycling Photos—must include bike or bike and rider
Scenics—highlighting the beauty of the Lehigh Valley
- Riders/Photographers may submit up to 5 of their favorite images in each category via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Images must be submitted by 5/31/22.
Images will be judged by Dan's Camera, last year’s winner Bert Mukkulainen and Morning Call Photographer Rick Kintzel. A $50 Dan's gift card will be given for the 1st place image in each category, $30 for 2nd place and $20 for third. Winners and honorable-mention photos will be posted for viewing.
Announcing 2021 Donut Derby Raffle Prizes!
- (12) Fitness Central $25 gift cards
- (1) Bontrager Helmet from Trek Allentown
- (10) LWA Specialized 21 oz Water Bottles
- (10) LWA Specialized 24 oz Water Bottles
- (1) Folding Chair from Donegal Insurance
- (1) Wawa Gift Basket
- (1) Youth Donut Sleeves from Sleefs with $5 Starbucks Gift Card
- (3) Sleefs Spats with $15 Panera Gift Cards
- (3) Sleefs Neck Gaiters with $5 Starbucks Gift Cards
- (2) $18 Emmaus Avenue Laundromat Gift Certificates
- (5) Pactimo Water Bottles with $5 Starbucks Gift Cards
- (1) Arbor Insurance Gift Basket
- (1) T-Town Hoodie from Valley Preferred Cycling Center
Ride so Others May Ride
World Bicycle Relief is mobilizing people through the Power of Bicycles. With six assembly facilities, WBR is empowering people across Africa. So far WBR has provided bikes in Angola, Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Specially designed, locally assembled bicycles are provided to entrepreneurs, healthcare workers and students across rural Africa through sustainable work-to-own and study-to-own programs. WBR also trains field mechanics to ensure access to maintenance and spare parts. To date the Lehigh Wheelmen and LWA members have donated 80 bicycles to WBR.
If you received LWA clothing that does not fit you, please contact our "apparel matchmaker", Kathy Crampton, and she will list your items at the following location, and in the newsletter.
Conversely, if you are interested in any of the listed items, contact Kathy, and she will put you in touch with the person who listed them.
Ride so Others May Ride
Community Bike Works is more than learning how bikes work; it’s learning how life works. At risk students from center city Allentown team up with mentors for a 12-week course in bike mechanics and safety. They learn work skills and see the satisfaction of turning a broken bike into a functional one. On graduation, students earn their refurbished bike and a new helmet.